Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blog 4.15 How can technology be used most effectively to support and assess student learning?

Technology is no longer the future, it is now. Many of the students in our classes right now are very well versed in the use of technology. Many of our teachers are experts in their chosen field but lack the technological expertise. That is where the value of being able to critically assess what is to be learned and how it can be applied comes in. As educators we can actually teach our students to practice and demonstrate their understanding of what they understand using their technolgy skills.
We have a great opportunity to educate our students beyond anything we have ever done before. Our students have a great opportunity to take that learning beyond the limits of the traditional classroom. Isn't that what we want as educators? To see our students be even more educated than we are?

5 comments:

  1. You are so right! I have to push teachers to use technology. If we use it normally in class, our students will be comfortable with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so ture! Students today are being raised using technology- so it is important for us to know it very well so that we may help and enhance their education- not hinder it. i like that it's so accessible and for students who travel- they don't fall behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will never be able to use technology as my computer IQ is in the mental retardation range. I need a computer tutor with me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so frustrating to not be computer literate and forget everything 5 minutes after turning off computer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, take your time. Don't try to do everything at once. I get very frustrated with technology, but I don't let it determine who I am and what I can do.

    ReplyDelete